SECOND-HAND SHOPPING IN VILLACH
Looking good and living well doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. Shopping from second-hand shops and flea markets has many benefits since it is good for the environment, great for your community, and not too expensive either. Plus, you’ll find unique items that will make your home and style stand out from the crowd. Searching for bargains at the second-hand shop or flea market can feel a bit like hunting for treasure. With a little luck, you can find some incredible deals. Check out one of the many second-hand shopping options in Villach, who knows what you will find.
SECOND-HAND SHOPS IN VILLACH
Shopping at a second-hand shop is like shopping with added value. Not only do you find interesting items for yourself, but your purchases may also fund charitable projects in the Villach region. At these shops you can primarily find clothing and shoes for women, men, and children with some small home goods mixed-in. Our advice? Come prepared for a fun day walking around the Villach city center with comfortable walking shoes and plenty of shopping bags!
- Carla-Caritas Shop Villach Rathausgasse 6.Shop for second-hand goods and do something great for the community at the Carla-Caritas shops in Villach. With every purchase you make you are funding Caritas aid projects locally and globally. Caritas also provides clothing vouchers to those in need so everyone can afford quality clothing. In addition to the feel-good factor of giving back to the community, you may also find some fantastic deals. Carla-Caritas shops are full of great women’s, men’s and children’s clothing as well as home goods, toys, books, and vintage finds. The Carla Caritas shop is open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and also in the afternoon from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (with the exception of Wednesday!).
- Carla+ Villach Widmanngasse 25. Since 2018 there has been the Carla+ shop in Villach. Shop for beautiful second-hand goods and quality used clothing in a hip vintage vibe store. Shopping at Carla+ not only benefits the environment by recycling used clothing but also provides social assistance by funding Caritas projects that help people in need. This fashionable new shop in Villach is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. The fashionable shop is open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and also in the afternoon from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (with the exception of Wednesday!).
- Contrapunkt Italiener Straße 23. Shopping at Contrapunkt feels more like shopping in a boutique than a second-hand store. The racks of the Second Souls store are full of gently used brand-name clothing looking for a new owner. The shop is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- TogetherCity Villach Ringmauergasse 12. TogetherCity is an initiative of the Together association, which has set itself the task of saving food and redistributing it. In the TogetherCity, however, not only saved food can be picked up, but also textiles, household appliances, books, CDs, games and much more are offered that should be given a second chance. TogetherCity is open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
FLEA MARKETS IN VILLACH
Looking for a deal? Stop by one of the flea markets in Villach to find just the thing you are looking for. Flea markets (Flohmärkte in German) are the place to go for collectors and antique lovers. Exhibitors at the Villach flea markets are from all over the region with some sellers from Italy and Slovenia stopping by to sell culinary products and antiques. Flea markets are a great way to spend a weekend morning and best of all, admission is always free.
- Villacher Stadtflohmarkt Moritschstraße 2. The Stadtflohmarkt takes place every Sunday at the parking lot of the Park Hotel. Bargain hunters should get there early, the flea market starts at 7:00 am from October to March and at 6:00 am from April to October. It is open until 3:00 pm and is closed during bad weather.
- Flohmarkt Cineplexx VillachMaria Gailer Straße 39. Every Saturday from 6:30 am to 1:00 pm this flea market is full of treasures waiting to be found.
- Alpe-Adria FlohmarktTriglavstraße 75. Rain or shine, the Alpe-Adria Flohmarkt is open every Sunday and public holiday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Shoppers will be happy to know that the entire flea market is covered so even if it is snowing outside, it is still possible to shop.
- Oetker FlohmarktTiroler Straße 80. Right off the busy Tiroler Straße is a typical flea market every Saturday from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Kinderflohmarktat Hans-Gasser Platz & in the park around the Parkhotel. Twice a year (May & September) the popular children's flea market takes place in Villach, where children offer their old toys, books, clothes and sports equipment.
- Altstadtflohmarkt in the center of Villach. The annual old town flea market takes place on the second and third Saturday in September from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Antiques, works of art and used clothing make the hearts of second-hand lovers beat faster.
Happy shopping and good luck bargain hunters!