TAKE A PLUNGE WITH WATERSPORTS IN CARINTHIA
The lakes are officially open and summer is just around the corner. With the weather forecast calling for sunshine, it’s time to cool off with some watersports. In Carinthia, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the lakes and rivers the area is famous for. Being out on the water and surrounded by nature is a great way to relax and enjoy your free time. So get ready to have an unforgettable and wet summer as you “take the plunge” with watersports in Carinthia!
STANDUP PADDLING (SUP)
Standup paddling is not only fun but a great workout too. Standup paddling engages your full-body - even during light paddling sessions - which is why top athletes use SUP to cross-train. One of the benefits of SUP is that you can do all kinds of sports with your board. Try SUP surfing, SUP pilates, or SUP yoga once you’ve mastered paddling.
Ready to try SUP this summer?
Kayak Center Faak - At Kayak Center Faak, you can rent a SUP, learn the basics, or try yoga on the lake. Take advantage of their SUP After Work special to unwind with some water sports after a hard day of work.
SUP2Gether - Explore the beauty of the Lake Wörthersee by SUP. SUP2Gether has 6 locations around the lake and has many courses to choose from. They even organize special tours for families that are perfect for parents and children that want to try out this sport together.
- SUP & Smile - SUP & Smile has 5 locations in Carinthia and offers a wide range of courses for those interested in SUP tours and SUP lessons. You can even SUP “ au naturel” at their nudist beach location at FKK Sabotnik.
Kayaking is a classic watersport that puts you right in the center of nature. Not only is it a fun, enjoyable, and easy sport to learn - it’s also a great low-impact workout. Whether you are young or old, kayaking is a sport for all ages. Plus, there are few things as relaxing as watching the sunset while kayaking on the lake. Say goodbye to stress and hello to fun days on the lake with kayaking!
Time to Kayak
Kayak Center Faak - If you’ve always wanted to learn how to kayak, sign up for the basic course at Kayak Center Faak. Once you’ve mastered the skill, you can join one of their thrilling adventure tours that show you the wild side of kayaking. Kayak rentals are also available at Lake Faakersee.
- Kärnten Adventures - Book a full three day of lessons to master the sport or try their advanced course to spend two days in white water. They also offer kayak rentals for Lake Wörthersee.
Attention thrill-seekers - canyoning is the perfect adventurous watersport to try this summer. Get a rush of adrenaline while jumping into fast-flowing mountain streams and exploring canyons in the region. Canyoning combines many outdoor activities such as swimming, climbing, jumping, and trekking into one fun sports experience. Equipped with a wetsuit, helmet and climbing harness, you’ll jump and slide down rocks with a qualified guide.
Join a Canyoning Tour
Go Vertical - Accompanied by a highly-qualified guide, you can learn the basics of Canyoning with their “Beginner Course”. If you’re looking for something more, try their “Canyoning Adventure Tour” for a half-day of thrills.
- Fit & Fun Rafting Club - With Fit & Fun Rafting Club, there are lots of canyoning tours to choose from. Explore neighboring Italy and Slovenia with your guide or go for an “extreme” adventure repelling down the Vorderberger gorge.
WATERSKIING, WAKEBOARDING, AND INFLATABLES
Carinthia - a place where you can enjoy skiing in both winter and summer (waterskiing that is). Enjoy the spray of the waves with watersports such as waterskiing and wakeboarding at one of the region’s lakes. Get towed across the water by a high-speed boat and ride the lively waves. For pure fun, take a ride on a banana boat or another inflatable for a high-speed ride across the water.
SEEsport - Offering towing services so you can catch excellent air on your wakeboard or waterskis. They also have fun inflatables for the whole family such as a tire, sofa, and the “Disco Boat” which is the wildest dancefloor on the Lake Wörthersee.
- Water Fun Park - It’s summer fun for the whole family at the Lake Millstättersee Water Fun Park. Stop by the southern shore of Lake Millstättersee for a ride on one of the Water Fun Park’s inflatables. They’ve got tires, banana boats, sliders, and the new “Aquarocket”.
Ready for a fun adventure? Explore the rivers of Carinthia and see the crystal-clear waters of the Hohe Tauern National Park by raft. On a rafting tour, you can expect to have a unique “ride” that takes you through beautiful scenery and across white-water rapids.
Kärnten Rafting - Kärnten Rafting specializes in rafting tours that anyone can enjoy. They even have rafting tours for families and children as young as four can join. No matter which tour you choose, you’re sure to have a lot of fun.
- Eddy Rafting Austria - Did you know that one of the top three rivers for rafting in Europe is located in Carinthia? The Isel River near the Grossglockner mountain is famous for its white water rapids. Join a tour with Eddy Rafting Austria for an unforgettable experience where you will get wet!
Enjoy the upcoming summer watersports fans!