BREAKFAST & BRUNCH HOT SPOTS IN VILLACH
START YOUR DAY DELICIOUSLY
Whether you’re up early and hungry right away, or a late riser and wanting food only around mid-morning, how could a day start without something good to eat? In and around Villach’s city center there are lots of tasty choices for a great breakfast or brunch.
“One should not attend even the end of the world without a good breakfast.”
- Robert A. Heinlein
- Kaffee Kleinfein: Here you’ll find a stylish atmosphere and high-quality food. On special occasions they also organize Sunday brunches from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Dogs are welcome!
- Café Bistro Bellini: Just looking around their website gets you dreaming of delicious food! Breakfast is available until 11 a.m. from Monday to Friday, and till 11.30 on Saturday and sometimes even on Sunday. Some meals are large enough they could definitely qualify as brunch! Gluten-free options are also available here.
- Parkcafé: This elegant location serves breakfast and brunch from 7.30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Great for couples and families, here you can use your imagination to create your own breakfast combination or choose from a delicious menu option. In 2018 the Parkcafé received a mention from the food and wine magazine Falstsaff as the most popular breakfast place in Carinthia!
- Die Greißlerei: From muesli and yogurt with a cup of coffee to eggs and a bagel with a glass of Prosecco, Die Greißlerei offers an interesting variety of food in a cozy atmosphere. They’re open from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday to Friday, and from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Saturday. Booking a table ahead is recommended!
- Stern HGP9: From heavenly pancakes to loaded bagels, Stern’s breakfasts look as good as they taste. Delicious vegan options are also offered here! Breakfast is served Monday to Friday from 9 - 11.30 a.m. with a much larger brunch menu available on Saturday from 9 a.m. - 2.30 p.m.
- Kaffeerösterei Kaffeemacher: Definitely the place to get one of the best coffees in the city, this hip café has small food items available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., and until 2 p.m. on Saturday. But you have to book ahead for their great brunch!
- Café-Bar Sterz: Right in the city center, Café-Bar Sterz offers many tasty breakfast options. On sunny days you can enjoy your brunch in the outdoor seating area. And they have great coffee!
- Konditorei Rainer: This bakery certain proves the saying that ‘happiness is a piece of cake.’ They have a huge selection of amazing pastries and confections for those who like the sweetest breakfast.
- Bäckerei Berger: Arguably the best bakery in the city center, this is the place to go for coffee and delicious pastries.
- Restaurant Charles at Hotel Palais26: A restaurant where tradition meets modernity, here you can enjoy a wonderfully varied and high quality breakfast buffet that features fresh and regional food. Their location on the Hauptplatz also makes it super convenient!
- Brasserie Como at the Holiday Inn: Start your day with a view of the Drau River and a gourmet breakfast at Brasserie COMO. Here you’ll find a delicious buffet as well as à la carte items including fresh omelets and crêpes.
- Konditorei Warmbaderhof: An amazing pâtisserie and gourmet restaurant are the perfect ingredients for the best Sunday brunch in Villach. Konditorei Warmbaderhof is part of the Warmbad Thermal Spa - so you could also treat yourself to a whole day out!
- Frierss Feines Haus: This butcher shop and gourmet restaurant offers great breakfasts, with particularly good meat options. Breakfast is served daily from 8 - 11 a.m. and they’re open the rest of the day for lunch and dinner. You can find Frierss Feines Haus on Maria Gailerstraße.
- Stiftsschmiede: For a romantic atmosphere and a wonderful view of Lake Ossiach, Stiftsschmiede is the perfect place for an amazing weekend brunch - Sundays only, beginning at 11.30 a.m.
Is your mouth watering yet, or your stomach growling? Plan breakfast or brunch with friends or family and start your day with delicious food and people you love!